Welcome to the PTA website!
Your home for information about PTA events, programs, fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities! The Grass Valley Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a group of dedicated parents and teachers who volunteer their time and effort to support programs that motivate, enrich, and enhance learning in our school. We encourage all parents and teachers at GVE to become a PTA member to help support these efforts.
Grass Valley Elementary PTA funds and sponsors many fun and educational programs for our students and their families. However, to ensure the success of these programs in 2015-2016, the PTA needs your help!! PLEASE consider volunteering some of your time to one of the positions or committees listed below. If the PTA does not receive enough parental support, then the PTA will be forced to cancel some of these special programs.
- Volunteer Coordinator: a volunteer position whose purpose is to seek and recruit volunteers for all PTA events at Grass Valley Elementary and to assist the GVE staff, as needed.
- Fundraising Coordinator: a volunteer position whose purpose is to oversee the PTA fundraising efforts at Grass Valley Elementary.
- Newsletter Editor: a volunteer position whose purpose is to serve as editor of the Grass Valley Newsletter to keep families up to date on all the school news and PTA activities.
- Book Fair – Spring (March): This committee coordinates with the Scholastic representative and the school librarian to organize the book selling event over several days.
- Coffee ‘n Conversation: This committee publicizes and provides refreshments for these events.
- Family Movie Nights: This committee plans the family movie nights and provides a fun night of entertainment and socializing for the students.
- Fun Run: This committee organizes this major fundraiser for the PTA where family, friends, and neighbors pledge money to support students as they jog or walk the school’s track for an extended period of time.
- Payback Books: This committee coordinates with the Payback Book representative and organizes this fundraiser over several weeks in the fall.
- Photography: This committee takes high quality photos of PTA and school sponsored events throughout the year to be used in the school newsletter and yearbook.
- Reader Board: This committee updates the school’s outdoor community reader board.
- Spirit Wear: This committee promotes school spirit and earns money for the PTA.
- Spring Carnival: This committee organizes this major event for the PTA where kids have a blast playing carnival games and earning fun prizes.
- Spring Silent Auction: This committee organizes this long-standing, annual tradition and big fundraiser, held in conjunction with the Spring Carnival.
- Webmaster: This person maintains the PTA website so that the information is current and becomes a daily source of information to the Grass Valley community.
- Ziggy, School Mascot: This committee coordinates Ziggy appearances at school events and assemblies.
For more information about a position or committee, please contact Maria Mansfield at email@example.com.
Mail Chimp RSS Feed